Are you a non-profit or government organization and want a free data analysis opportunity? Are you a student who wants to get some hands on experience working with data in a concrete way? SUDS seeks to bring our members together with organizations and data research questions in the real world.
If you’re interested in being involved in an existing project, or if you have an idea for something we can take on in the future, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are currently recruiting for 2 new and 2 ongoing projects! (see below) Join our mailing list or Slack team to find out more!
Check out the SUDS Data Projects here:
- Assessing Police Use of Force – with Use of Force Project and Samuel Sinyangwe
- Supporting “Vibrant Communities” in Pittsburgh – with New Sun Rising
- Digital Redlining and Reduced Internet Access Speeds – with the Department of Innovation and Performance
- Environmental Pollution and Health – with Environmental Health Project
- Predicting Building Fire Risk – with Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire and Metro21 Smart Cities Institute
- Understanding the Education Innovation Landscape of Pittsburgh – with Remake Learning
- Improving Fresh Food Access in Pittsburgh – with Just Harvest
- Visualizing Water Treatment Data – with Allegheny Land Trust
- Mapping Overlapping Police Jurisdictions – with the Alliance for Police Accountability
- Hazelwood Community Data Portal
- Optimal Club Placement – with the Boys and Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania